Lynn Painter Stainers 2019 - selected artists and events

This year's Lynn Painter-Stainer Prize Exhibition can be seen at the Mall Galleries until 17th March 2019 (Open daily, 10am to 5pm | Admission free).  However if you are unable to get to London, you can see the 87 artworks selected for the exhibition online now


The winner of the £20,000 First Prize - and the other prizes - will be announced tonight.
Very oddly there's absolutely no tweets about it online.

Selected Artists

The Judges for 2019 comprise 3 artists and 2 gallerists.
  • Christopher Green, artist and former prize winner
  • Tom Hewlett, Portland Gallery
  • Robin Lee-Hall PPRP, artist
  • Jennifer Scott, Dulwich Picture Gallery
  • Ben Sullivan RP, NEAC, artist
Below is the list of artwork they have selected (+ price of the artwork) ordered alphabetically by surname of the artist.

I do wish people putting artwork online in a digital gallery would remember that we have no way of appreciating the size UNLESS THE PROVIDE DIMENSIONS. (Yes - I am shouting to be heard!). Details of media would also be much appreciated.

There aren't enough hours in the day for me to search for all the websites of selected artists. However I'm very happy if artists want to contact me and let me know what their website URL is - and I'll embed it in their name.

Below you get my sporadic comments - very much first reactions as I worked my way through the digital gallery. Note - these were all written prior to the announcement of the prizes. I've added in the tweets - of artists with their paintings - by the Painters Company afterwards.
READ MORE......>>
Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url